“Google only loves you when everyone loves you first” -Wendy Piersall
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of increasing the visibility of your website or blog in the search engines like Google, Bing and AOL through unpaid, organic and natural searches. The more visible your website is, the more chances it will have of attracting more visitors which will eventually lead to the conversation of these visitors into customers.
Here we are sharing some of the best practices to increase your SEO:
- Relevant Keywords: Keywords play the major role in bringing the audience to your website/webpage or blog. Keywords can be used sparingly but not carelessly. If you are serious about increasing your ranking on search engines then you should use keywords in relevance to your content and field of work instead of randomly using popular keywords. Very few people know that search engines like Google give preference to the content which is valuable to the readers over the content that is written only for the purpose of increasing ranking.
- Quality Content: Creating quality content is hard but it worth the hours you spend on the laptop because it promises more traffic, increased visitors and higher SEO. The content which you are creating should be of value, should educate your customers about your product, should be unique, should not be the exact copy of your competitors, should have variety and should be engaging. In other words, content should appeal to the end-user and should mirror the beliefs of your brand. Remember, search engines always keep on changing their algorithms in order to bring the mot relevant information to their users, so it’s important for you to constantly evolve and bring changes to your content and strategies.
- Google Trends: Google Trends is a free web service which allows you to see what specific search term has been used and talked about, over the web, across the various regions of the world. It also allows you to compare the volume of search between two or more terms. By using Google Trends you can find out about the most trending topics and can create the content around it in order to become the part of the trend and can increase the traffic on our web page.
- Interlinking: It is very well known fact that Google brings up the ranks of those websites which interlinks its content and its pages. Interlinking is not only good for increasing SEO but it also allows you to reuse your old content with new keywords which will eventually lead the consumers to deeply explore your website.
- Target Your Audience: By targeting your audience you increase your chances of reaching the right consumer for your product or service. You can use various tools like Google Analytics, HubSpot etc to narrow down the audience on the basis of demographics like age, location, sex, behaviour and interests.
If done right, SEO can help you to spend less on marketing as the organic traffic from your SEO techniques will bring enough conversions for your business. Having said that, SEO is not a magic tool to increase your visibility and customers overnight, building a strong SEO is going to take time, patience and loads of hard work.